This is nothing new to the rest of the world, but lately we have developed a toast and cream cheese obsession. There many ways you can enjoy this perfect pairing, but the addition of avocado, tomato and a poached egg with cracked pepper is my current favorite.
You can find a collection of similar recipes on your preferred search engine (I wasn’t the genius behind this), but allow me to break it down.
- A slice of your favorite kind of bread toasted— I recommend sourdough.
- Cream cheese. I go for a tablespoon size amount to spread on top of your toasted bread.
- Thinly sliced roma tomato, layer on top of the cream cheese.
- Slice avocado. Place on top of the layer of sliced tomatoes.
- Poach egg on top…or fried.
- Sprinkle cracked pepper.
And that’s really it.